Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2.2 WEEKS AND AWAITING YOUR ARRIVAL!

Only 2 weeks and 2 days until the infamous court date. I am trusting that all is in order and we will pass with flying colors. I am also a realist and have learned that ANYTHING is possible in the adoption process. Ok so if ANYTHING is possible, there is a very good chance we will pass court on the first try!!!

I have finished Grace's bedroom with just a few minor things still to do. I have bought enough clothes to spoil her rotten and Lucy our fat cat is enjoying Grace's crib. For all of you germaphobes and cat haters, I will sterilize the sheets before Grace gets home. And please don't tell me the stories about how cats suffocate babies (I have 3 kids and have had 6 cats over the past 19 years and all of my kids are alive).

Below are some pics....Enjoy!

Also if you are a sucker for sappy songs like I am listen to the words of the song playing for you now! It is called Angel's Lullaby, get a tissue....


Christmas Eve Jammies, such a fun tradition!

The Court Date Chain, it started with 22 chains.

The finished product!

I can't even wait to rock Grace and read her a story in that chair!

What? I'm just testing it out.....

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute room. I love every square inch of it. And little Grace will look just as cute in it!

    And I am not a germaphobe, but you know I hate cats...but I am still glad you took the crib for a test sleep with that thing. Just to make sure it is suitable for Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her room, you are way ahead of me. I have the room painted and the bedding on the bed, I think I need to get cracking because we have 2.2 (wish I could put that in big bold numbers) weeks til court;-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Amber! Her room looks great! You are SSOOO far ahead of me! I was working on Erkinesh's photo book this afternoon, her room isn't ready, so I guess it will just not look so great for her in the photo book. Oh well. I really do need to get busy!!!
    Can't wait for you to get your baby home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you do jammies on Christmas Eve, too! It's my kids' favorite thing!! I just posted on my blog about how we bought our new little boy so far away his first thing...jammies & unwrapped them on Christmas Eve.

    The room is gorgeous!! Hoping for great things soon!

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!