Tuesday, January 19, 2010

And then there were 4!

I missed day number 5 but whose counting??? We spent the day in Las Vegas and had such a great time. I can actually say I had moments when I did not obsess over the adoption. Sorry to say that I did not win any money but did not lose any either (I did not gamble). We went to an authentic Ethiopian restaurant called "Ethiopian Cafe". It was an amazing experience. The restaurant is owned by a husband and wife from Ethiopia and we spent quite a while talking to him about the people of Ethiopia and the adoption. Of coarse I showed him pictures of Grace and of coarse he said she was beautiful. The food was wonderful and my kids actually loved it. Carter loved to make balls out of the injera, Jenson was very brave and ate everything I did (we ordered the vegetarian platter). Shane and Morgan are the adventurous eaters in this family and lived up to the call. They ate the meat platter and spicy lamb. The entire experience made us all so appreciative of Ethiopia and even more excited to go get Grace Demot. After dinner we went to Planet Hollywood to see the V Variety show. Ok I have not laughed so hard in a really long time. All of our cheeks hurt from smiling and that is a good thing! Laughter truly is good for the soul. I can't believe it's Tuesday and look forward to a safe drive home. Thursday my Mom and I go for a series of about 7 shots so that in and of itself will give me something to look forward to (ha, ha).
I will post some pictures of our trip to Vegas when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!