Wednesday, December 30, 2009

COURT DATE, COURT DATE, COURT DATE!

I can't say it enough and I can't believe it either. I was on my way out the door this morning to work and I got a phone call from our coordinator. She said "Amber I have a court date". I said "YOU DO" and she said "yes, it is January 22nd". Of coarse I cried and buried my head in disbelief and gratitude, it felt like a boulder had been lifted off my shoulders. What a beautiful way to start this snowy day. I feel so calm and so relieved to finally be in the court system. I feel like we have been floating around in a dark abyss for 5 months and now we have finally landed somewhere. My Mom is so cute, she brought my 3 kids and a little Ethiopia book with a "congratulations" balloon to work today - so thoughtful. So 3 weeks until Court Day, that sounds like a long time - HA I say! I just did 5 months of hard core solitary waiting time, 3 weeks is a walk in the park!!! I am so grateful and so excited to be at the finish line of this seemingly never ending saga in my life. Oh ya, my kids and husband are exstatic as well. We celebrated tonight by getting wasted on garlic bread, brushetta and pizza.... Gotta love a reason to eat. Pray for the 22nd!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I am so happy for you (and for me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, Was out of town the last couple days...I was SO happy to see your post!!! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOHOOO!!! FINALLY! Praying for your successful court date! AWESOME news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAAAYYYYYY! YAAAAAAYYYYYYY! YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!
    Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! The 22nd will be here in no time!

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!