Friday, January 22, 2010

Prayer Works! We passed court...



What a journey this has been! I am so excited to announce that we passed court today at 4:44 am! Here's a quick run down of my night... Watched a movie with Morgan and ate food I shouldn't until 11:00. Prayed REALLY hard, basically begged for good news. Fell asleep until 2:45. Wide awake with anxiety and nervous stomach wondering if all was well in Ethiopia. Walked around the dark house, took ibuprophen because my arms hurt really bad from shots! Wandered into the office, looked at the computer and decided I would not let my computer addiction get the best of me tonight (HA). Went back to bed and watched Martha Stuart, felt guilty because my closets don't look a thing like what she was showing. Tossed, turned got out of bed back to the computer. Just took a tiny peek at the yahoo forum, posted one comment and went back to bed. Fell asleep watching the home shopping network, slept for about 45 minutes. Finally got out of bed and stumbled into the obsession room to check my e-mails. Here is what I found; (Aneata is our coordinator)

aneata: 3:49 am not yet
I know it's only 2 o clock in Addis and they are still working but I e-mailed Mitin and asked her to let me know about Demot's case as soon as she hears anything.

aneata: 4:44 am update
Demot Passed Court!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!

aneata: 5:26 if
if I had you phone number I would call you from home! Where are you???

Well, needless to say when I got to the 4:44 post I fell on the ground and cried and screamed and all of the kids came in and cried with me. I immediately called Mr. Mac (Shane) and gave him the good news. He's a Daddy.... to 4 kids! He was so happy and said "I was scared to come home if we didn't pass". Poor thing - he's scared of me :)

What a day to celebrate, here is what I have learned:
*Prayer does work the way God want's it to, not me!
*Miracles do happen
*Love is a gift
*Patience is an acquired trait (not so fun to learn)
*I truly am blessed by so many friends and family who love us and love baby Grace Demot
*Did I mention that prayer does work, this is a BIG lesson for me

Now for the good stuff: INTRODUCING GRACE DEMOT MCMILLAN





WE LOVE YOU AND WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU GRACE!

6 comments:

  1. I am SO happy for you!!!! I love your story of the night and was so excited that you were having conversations with Aneata through the night and she was awake for you! :)
    Can't wait for you to go get your baby in your arms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! You have waited a long time for this day! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOOO!!! I'm so happy for you!!! She is a beautiful and special little thing! I fell in love with her BIG TIME!!! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!! That is soooooo awesome!!!!! I am so glad you passed. And she is the most beautifil little girl! I am so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a gorgeous girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber! I am so excited for you guys. I literally have chills. YAY!!!! We can't wait to meet this sweet little girl! We love your family and are so excited for you guys to be welcoming another darling daughter of our Heavenly Father to your home. Congratulations McMillan family!!!

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!