Thursday, January 21, 2010

Two minus one = ONE

I truly never thought this day would come. I have read so many other blogs that post this same thing and have felt so envious wondering if we would ever make it to this point. Well, today is the day. Tonight as we sleep a judge in Ethiopia will hear our case and decide if we pass or don't pass court. I have had a lot of people ask if we don't pass does that mean we can't adopt. No, it just means our case is delayed. There really is no rhyme or reason to rescheduling I just pray we pass. Today has been an interesting day. I went for shots and went at the wrong time, the receptionist made me cry, I came back and hour later and had 6 shots plus H1N1 nose spray. I spent 3 hours at Starbucks with an amazing friend who has been an angel throughout this entire process. I am in deep gratitude for her advice, laughter and support. Friends are a gift from God! I picked up my son from school and was crying (for no given reason), lost my car keys and forgot to unlock the door for my cleaners so my house looks like crap. But the good news is it's almost 4:00 and it is Friday in Ethiopia. My prayer is simple;
I pray that all paperwork is in order and that we pass court tomorrow! That is all I ask...
Amen

*Please pray for us as well...Thank-you God for all of your many gifts!

6 comments:

  1. Amber...praying for you and your case right now! I totally know what this night and tomorrow morning's wait is like...I did it 3 times!!! Praying so much that you'll pass on the first time, this has been coming for so long for you. Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping, wishing, praying for good news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking of you all day! I hope you get some sleep tonight and that tomorrow will bring the best of news.

    And I am sure your house doesn't look like crap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying you hear good news tomorrow. We will be on a long plane ride, so hopefully we will know when we arrive in Addis.
    Love to all of you,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and hoping to hear good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and it came..will you post her beautiful picture now???

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!