Thursday, February 25, 2010

Two Days

Thursday (today, right now!) and Friday (tomorrow). Only two days until I leave for Ethiopia. I have only one simple request. If you are reading this (the 4 or 5 that do:)) PLEASE pray for us. Pray for my family back home, I am worried about leaving my precious 3 for two weeks, I know it's vain of me to think that they can't survive without me. I spent two hours yesterday making a calendar and typing up a "agenda bible" for my husband and the other people assisting me with my kids. Don't get me wrong my wonderful husband is fully capable of taking care of this home, our children and his job but a part of me thinks I am the only one who can do it, I know I am crazy but at least honest. Pray for my Mother and I and Shane that we have a safe and healthy trip. Please pray that all goes well with Demot - I have heard so much about bonding and attachment problems in the last few weeks I feel a bit nervous that she won't love me as much as I love her. I know, I know, I know there will be an adjustment but I pray it is a gentle one for both her and I. I believe in miracles, Shane said the most beautiful thing to me last night, he said "I have butterflies in my stomach because only 3 days until your reunion with Grace Demot". Re-union - get it? I know we have met before, I know we have made promises before and I know she is meant to be with this family now at this time. I bless her birth Mother and pray for her every day, I thank her for the gift and bless her aching heart, I promise many things to her and to God for this special child. Any and all prayers are so much appreciated and have been felt along this entire journey - Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

1 comment:

  1. You and your whole family are most definitely in my prayers. By the time you read this you will be well on your way to being bonded but I know exactly how you feel and I pray for a very smooth transition. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!