Thursday, February 4, 2010

IT'S CONFIRMED!!!

I found out today that our confirmed Embassy date is March 10th! That is only 4 1/2 weeks away. That means I will leave on Saturday February 27th with my sweet Mom for Ethiopia. She will leave on the 5th to come home and Shane will fly in to meet Grace and we will spend a week in Addis Ababa. It's only 22 days until departure, until I fly 18 hours to hold, love and finally meet my little Grace Demot McMillan. It almost does not seem real and I am preparing myself for a wave of emotions that I have never nor will ever experience again. This process has been one of major growth that I truly never anticipated, but that is how we learn. My heart is tied to this little soul and I pray hers is as well. I would be lying if I did not tell you that I am scared. Scared she will not love me, scared I will not have the strength, scared I will get sick, scared I won't remember how to mother a baby, scared I am out of my league, scared I will not provide the kind of home that a biracial family needs, scared she will not know how much I have longed for and how much I love her. But, fear is not love so I will choose to not be scared but....excited! No, excited does not even come close to what I am experiencing right now, there are no words to describe this feeling so I will just pray that God will bless Grace Demot, bless me, bless my family with the love, knowledge and strength that we need at this time. And so it is!

3 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOO!!! Awesome news! I cannot wait to see pics of her w/her mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! That is so soon! 22 DAYS! Woot Woot! I think she will love you the instant she meets you, I mean whats not to love? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Congrats on this wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!