Sunday, April 11, 2010

Most Embarrassing Moment!

I had to share this moment so it will be written and saved for future reference at family parties and with Grace when she is a Mommy of a little one and has something similar happen to her. I will be right there with her to say - "Oh the joys of Motherhood" and then retell this story to her. Here it is a new most embarrassing moment: I am bottle feeding her and today at church we had just settled down in the pew, she was drinking her bottle with her new dress, bow, shoes and my sassy new short as a boy haircut (yes we were in the middle and close to the front) when during the silence of the prayer I could tell she was sucking REALLY hard and was not getting anything. So, I carefully pried the bottle from her cute little mouth (before the Amen) to let the nipple fill back up and let the huge amount of sucking pressure out of the bottle. I found it strange when the nipple and bottle made a loud popping noise but put the bottle back in her mouth and closed my eyes for the Amen. Then I felt a warm, wet sensation on my legs, looked up and a huge hole had exploded in her bottle and 8oz of formula was running down her neck and onto a very embarrassing place on my skirt. Panicking I took the bottle out said "Oh my gosh" people looked, Grace started crying and I could not move because it looked like I had peed my pants (or worse!) My legs were completely wet, I could feel the back of my skirt getting wet and my husband could not find the car keys in our enormous diaper bag. The whole time he is looking for the keys my oldest daughter is saying "Mom get her out of here" and my youngest is crying because he wants to come home with me and to add to the stress my sweet husband, worried about my salvation :) is saying come right back! Remember it has been 8 years since we did the baby thing and I was NOT going back to church in a different outfit after that big ol scene...I had to run out of the chapel with milk running down my legs and I am sure the back of my skirt looking like I had had a major explosion of some kind. Oh the joys of Motherhood.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you ran right home and drank a diet coke to comfort you! Haha I love hearing about these experiences because we all go through these embarassing moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, this brought back a memory very similar that involved a very thin blouse w/ a spaghetti strap cami underneath, a restaurant an hour from home & projectile reflux. The memory also involved a stop at Old Navy for a sweatshirt. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha..I am laughing over here..of course I am laughing with you not at you!

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!