Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Magic Paper!!!

Today is a great day! I got an e-mail from our coordinator at 9:30 am with the simple word: SOCIAL. Excitement cannot explain how I felt, relief maybe. Attached was Demot's social history of which I will cherish and share with her someday. It had the meaning of her name (a place in Ethiopia), her Mother's name and her birthdate. Her birthday is March 12, 2009. What a blessed day that is! I can't believe she may be home for her 1st birthday. I finally feel like there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. The past 4 months I have pictured myself being stuck in a tunnel watching everyone else zoom by me and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it except hope and pray that I might someday get on the track with them. Like the "Little Engine That Could" I finally feel like I am on that track, on my way up, almost to the top of that impervious hill, all the way saying to myself: "I think I can, I think I can, I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE, I think I can, I think I can, I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE, I think I can etc....... Now I can honestly say "I know I can" see the top, the light and finally the finish line.

COME ON COURT DATE!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you!!Praying for a quick court date!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! What a relief. Hope you hear news of a swift court date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So exciting! Wouldn't that be an awesome first birthday to be home with you!!! Lets keep hoping!

    Court Date! Court date! Court Date! Court Date! (can you just hear me chanting this?)

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!