Sunday, July 12, 2009

Let the journey begin...

Welcome to our blog. I am very new at this and thank my sister-in-law for finally assisting me with creating this blog. I have a lot to learn but wanted to create a blog as a way of keeping track of our adoption process as well as the many wonderful and amazing things my family experiences along the way.

We just returned from an amazing trip to Lake Powell. I will attempt to post some pictures of the trip after this blog post. It was such a wonderful bonding experience for my family. We had amazing weather and the beauty of our surroundings was to say the least breathtaking. We just purchased a boat along with some friends and at first I was leery of the idea but after this trip I am 100% on board and totally excited about the purchase. When we left for Lake Powell on the 4th of July, we were #3 on the toddler girl list and #3 on the infant girl list. As of today July 12th we have moved to #2 on the infant list and stayed at #3 on the toddler list. What does that all mean? Well, at the beginning of this process we were #10 on the toddler girl list and #16 on the infant girl list. We have slowly moved up the list and when at #1 (sometimes sooner) we will receive a referral (an actual face and name). Our homestudy is approved for a 12-36 month old girl so we will not get a child younger or older than that. Shane and I both agreed on that age prior to the entire adoption journey. The other deal that we made was that he would not have to change any dirty diapers. We'll see how long that lasts... It has been a bit challenging for me to be patient and I am sure it will become more so but I do know that it is all in God's hands and out of my control. So, for now I will leave you with that information and at a later time when my family is not waiting for me to eat, I will continue with the McMillan family adoption story...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!