Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Court Closures!

It's been a long 2 plus weeks that we have not heard anything about the adoption or referral process. I called our coordinator yesterday and was told that there are finally children being prepared for referral (med. tests, family history, age etc...). She feels confident that a referral will be coming soon. For those of you wondering, a referral means that we actually find out who our new little "Grace" is. We then must wait for a court date to actually call her ours. With that being said, today IAN (International Adoption Net) posted to their blog that Ethiopian courts will close August 21st and reopen again late September. The courts close every year for rainy season. This does not mean much for us, they still give referrals and MOWA still passes paperwork for adoptive children, they just will not have a court date until after the courts re open. This is exciting to me because I thought that courts were closed until October and typically begin the closure in early August. The wait is hard but I just have to keep telling myself that it is so worth it! We keep praying for Grace to be watched over, safe and feel of our love...wherever she may be. I will keep the blog updated and hopefully post with a referral very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber: I am very happy for your family to be getting the chance to have a wonderful little person to add to your family. And to help her have a life and a chance. I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!