Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Updates from Ethiopia.... By Morgan

Hi Everyone!
This is Morgan, Ambers Daughter. My mom is super busy with Demot so I am writing in her place. We just got off the phone with my mom and we all think it is the best thing in the world to say goodnight when she says good morning because of the time change. As we spoke with her, we could hear Grace singing in the background. My mom set her down for a second and she was just screaming on the phone! She is just so cute already and I haven't seen her in person. A week and a half and I will be able to hold her in my arms.

My mom wanted me to update on a few things that have gone on the past couple of days. She told me she went to go get a TV with sister Almaz (sorry for the spelling). They got the TV, but needed a VCR/DVD player so they could play videos. They were going to be charged $300 for one and that just was too much. You can get them here in the U.S. for like $30. My grandma and mom, also, have been extremely emotional (sorry guys for any added info I wasn't supposed to add). The whole experience has been humbling. With all the poverty and people on the streets, I don't blame her for crying. Amber is extremely grateful to have her mother, Marilyn, by her side through the whole adventure. She has been super supportive and so kind and loving in everything. Well, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!