Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mom in Ethiopia Entry #1

Ok Morgan and I are going to attempt a blog post from Ethiopia! Here goes Morgan.

The flight was not as long as I thought, actually I think Mom and I survived it quite well. Finding our luggage was a hoot and talk about chaos. We found our driver who was holding a sign that said "Amber McMillan" Yebsabi Guest House. He had been waiting for 3 hours for us. Would that happen in the states? NO! Our room at Yebsabi wonderful. Yes, dogs bark and roosters crow and people party all night but its clean and big and we have our own bathroom!

After we got cleaned up yesterday we were picked up to go to the care center to get Demot. what a day that was and I will post more when I get home but for now just know that she is AMAZING beyond belief. I love her so much. After we left the care center Demot cried very hard for about 1.5 hours, I felt so bad for her, I could tell she was terrified and her little heart was breaking. All she has known for 9 months is that care center and now here she is with two women she does not even know. I also think she is getting a bad cold. Sister Almaz said she is getting a bad flu... hmmm great. She ate rice cereal and had 2 bottles I think she was starving. She is awake now sitting on Nonny's lap - well now she is snoring so I guess she likes to be held (good yipeeeeee). That is all for now I am journaling in a notebook and will write it all down when I get home, I don't want to forget one second of this trip.


1 comment:

  1. Sending good thoughts for Grace Demot - hope she's feeling better and that your trip continues to go well! xoxo Shelby

    ReplyDelete

LITTLE LESSONS ARE SOMETIMES LEARNED IN THE MOST PECULIAR PLACES...YOU TUBE!